Bible School is designed to provide sound Biblical teaching on all age levels each Sunday morning from September through June. A nursery is available for infants up to three years of age. From the age of three, there is a special class for each age group with Bible based training geared to the mental and physical abilities of those involved.
- NURSERY (Infants-age 3) Barbara Jamara – Coordinator – Nursery
- PRESCHOOL (age 3 – Preschool) – Room 112 – Karen Kelly
- GRADES K-2nd – Right Modular – Toni Christianson & Belinda McGuire
- GRADES 3rd-5th – Room 210 – Glen Allshouse & Pat D’Amato
* K-5th grade this year will be doing a curriculum called The Gospel Project. The focus of this curriculum is to bring the children through the Bible over a three year period emphasizing the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. The Gospel Project offers a unified curriculum which means that each grade will learn the same material especially tailored for their age group. This will allow the entire family, from kindergarten to fifth grade, the opportunity to discuss the same Scripture–whether on the ride home or at the dinner table!
During Sunday morning worship, junior church is held for children in grades K-5 during the message portion of the service. Children in grades K-5 sit and worship with their parents prior to being dismissed for their own Bible time, specially geared to their age level. A trained staff of 10-15 volunteers minister to the children on a rotating basis each week.
Children at the preschool level (ages 3-5) attend Preschool Churchtime which begins immediately following the Bible School hour and continues throughout the morning service. In addition to a Bible lesson, the children enjoy snacks, crafts and play activities suited for their age level. They are cared for by a loving staff of 12-15 volunteers who serve on a rotating basis.
Our nursery serves infants through 3-year-old toddlers and is open for all regularly scheduled services and is staffed by 3-6 volunteers at a time, depending on the number of infants and toddlers in attendance. The nursery is divided into two rooms, one specially designed for infants, with cribs, walkers, bounce chairs, etc. and the other equipped for the energetic toddler.
The AWANA program (Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed) meets on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:15 from September through May. It is offered for ages 4 through the 5th grade. Approximately 30-40 adult volunteer staff supervise, teach, and encourage a constantly growing group of children in Scripture memory and activities.
Age group breakdown:
- Cubbies-ages 3-5 (boys & girls)
- Sparks- K-2nd grade (boys & girls)
- T&T-3rd-5th grade boys
- T&T-3rd-5th grade girls
Beyond the weekly game activities, handbook memory work and counsel ring time, each club is involved in a wide variety of extra activities such as roller skating, mountain hikes, Sparks-A-Rama, Club Olympics, Grand Prix, sleepovers, etc.
AWANA shares can be earned for team competition, attendance, handbook and Scripture memory and spent at our very own First Baptist store on novelty items.
Adult staff training and the annual AWANA Conference contribute to the leaders effectively ministering to the various age groups.