Parents must be in agreement with our philosophy, mission statement and policies as outlined in the handbook and related materials.
FBCS, as a private institution, reserves the privilege of setting and maintaining its own standards for student conduct, dress, cleanliness, and scholarship. The school maintains the right to refuse admittance to anyone it so chooses, and to suspend or expel any student who violates the standard of regulations as defined by the administration of the school.
Our admissions procedure officially begins with a re-enrollment period from February 1 through March 1, during which time currently enrolled students and their siblings have priority in registration for the following year. After March 1, new applications are considered for enrollment. Applications must be accompanied by the corresponding non-refundable application or registration fee, and are prioritized on a first-come basis.
A parental interview is required for all families new to the school and entrance testing may be required for new students in kindergarten through eighth grade. To be eligible for kindergarten, students must be five years old by August 31 of the year they enter kindergarten. Students enrolling in the three or four year old preschool classes must be age appropriate by August 31.
A student is admitted to FBCS on the basis of the entrance testing as well as former record. Each student’s record is reviewed by the administration and each child is admitted, after being approved, on the basis of specific criteria: Acceptable academic achievement, satisfactory conduct, spiritual receptivity, and measurable growth in above areas.
We use a variety of curriculum from A-Beka, Bob Jones, ACSI and Prentice Hall in order to provide an academically challenging course of study. In addition to the core academics, students have physical education, music, art, computers and a library period (grades K-3) each week.
1. In order for applications to be considered, they must be accompanied by the application fee of $50.
2. The registration fee of $25 per child is due upon acceptance to the school.
3. The re-enrollment fee is $25 per returning student if paid on or before March 1st; after March 1st it is $50 per student.
4. The book user/activity fee is due June 1.
5. Tuition is paid in 10 monthly installments from August 1 through May 1.
6. All payments are due by the first school day of the month and are considered late five (5) calendar days after the due date, at which point a $10.00 late fee will be required in addition to the monthly payment. (Special arrangements must be made for late payments.)
7. All fees must be paid by check or money order. Absolutely NO CASH will be accepted. Students’ names should be written on the check or money order.
8. July and August payments are required to be paid before a child can begin school in September.
9. If a check is returned for insufficient funds there will be a $5.00 fee to cover charges from the bank.
10. After two returned checks, all payments must be made with money orders.
11. Withdrawal from school will be mandatory IF TWO CONSECUTIVE payments are missed.
12. Tuition will be pro-rated for students enrolling after the school year begins or withdrawing before the school year ends. A fee of $100 will be charged for early withdrawal.
13. At the end of the school year, the report cards will be withheld if there is a balance due. If the balance still remains due by August 1, the student cannot be re-enrolled until it is paid in full. Item #8 also applies.
14. Any request for changes to these financial policies must be made in writing to the school administrator for consideration. These policies stand as written unless you have been notified in writing that your request has been approved.
15. Full time pastoral staff of First Baptist Church, full time teaching staff of First Baptist Christian School and full time missionaries sent out by First Baptist Church receive a 100% tuition discount and all application and registration fees are waived. Book fees are still payable.
16. Aides and teaching staff working a minimum of 18 hours per week receive a 30% tuition discount and all application and registration fees are waived. Book fees are still payable.
17. Families who are involved in a full time gospel ministry may be considered for up to a 50% discount in tuition for students enrolled in kindergarten-8th grade. Application with documentation must be submitted to the School Committee for approval. Application, registration and book fees are still payable.
18. Full payment of tuition by August 1st will result in a 3% discount. This applies to tuition only.
Teachers are required to be members of First Baptist Church of Weymouth or active members of a church with baptistic doctrine/philosophy compatible with First Baptist Church.
Members of the FBCS faculty have been selected on the basis of academic credentials, as well as their dedication to the goals of Christian education. Each teacher has also expressed a desire to serve God through teaching in a Christian school.
The Committee meets regularly each month and other times as needed. Parental concerns may be submitted in writing for the Committee’s information and/or consideration.
First Baptist Christian School is governed by a six member Committee, appointed by and under the supervision of the Board of Elders of First Baptist Church. Up to but not exceeding one-third of this Committee may be comprised of non-members of First Baptist Church who are active members of a church with baptistic doctrine/philosophy compatible with First Baptist Church.